I love Italian cream cake never tried this version. going to soon this looks amazing.
What Southern girl does not love cream cheese and pecans?
This recipe was shared with me by my Mother-In-Law several years ago and I fell in love!
Several of my friends have asked me for the recipe, so I thought I would share!
I hope you give it a try and enjoy it.
Quick Italian Cream Cake
- 1 (16.25-ounce) package white cake mix (I used Duncan Hines Moist Deluxe)
- 3 large eggs
- 1 1/4 cups buttermilk
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 (3 1/2-ounce) can flaked coconut
- 2/3 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 3 T Rum (optional)
- Cream Cheese Frosting (below)
- Beat first 4 ingredients at medium speed with an electric mixer 2 minutes. Stir in coconut and pecans. Pour into 3 greased and floured 9-inch round cakepans.
- Bake at 350° for 15 to 17 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean…
View original post 118 more words